Friday 26 July 2013

Life is the flower for which love is the honey



Nothing dresses a room better than freshly cut flowers, whether in a glass vase, jam jar or tea pot.  There are so many things you can do with flowers, but for me, simple is better.

I'm not overly keen on flower arrangements and prefer a vase full of the same flower.  I also find that flowers keep a lot better if you keep only one variety in each vase.

White Hydrangeas are my favourite.  I love their soft, full, heads, they just look so delicate and perfect.  I find you can get 3 stems from a florist for about £5 and they tend to last about 2 weeks.  I found the key to Hydrangeas is only giving them about an inch of room temperature water and changing this every other day.

They aren't particularly fragrant but they do look beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment