Monday 17 February 2014

A Wee Trip to Bonny Scotland

The Palm Court Afternoon Tea Room, The Balmoral, Edinburgh
I had a fantastic work trip to Edinburgh last week. I was working away from the office and had the pleasure of spending 2 days in the gorgeous 5* Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh city centre.

I spent the days doing work and then in the evening treated myself to a lovely little spa treatment.  It had been so long since I had a back massage that it was so luxurious and relaxing.  The spa isn't just a pool with treatment rooms, like with some hotels claiming they have a spa.  It's beautifully decorated, with a drinks station and atmospherically lit pool.  The robes and slippers are all neatly placed in your locker when you arrive and the staff could not have been nicer.

I also treated myself at the end of the day to a Whiskey recommended by the lovely Balmoral Barman.  Strathisla is now my fave new tipple, and I cannot wait to go back to the Balmoral for more Whiskey and spa relaxation (here's hoping I can go back for a weekend where I can explore during the day rather than work).


Gorgeous sinks at The Balmoral, How GORGEOUS!
Very tasty Strathisla Whiskey from Speyside, a definite must try
Early Morning Royal Mile on the way to work


What an absolutely lovely shop!





No comments:

Post a Comment